The INTOSAI-Donor Cooperation issued the “Review of Coordination of Support to Supreme Audit Institutions” in September 2017.
Key findings include 13 principles of good practice in coordinating support along with identifying challenges and recommendations to overcome them.
Good practice principles include…
- The SAI should be included in government/donor policy dialogue;
- Donors should develop a joint strategy for supporting the SAI;
- There should be a single focal point within the SAI.
- Ensuring complementary and compatible support;
- Ensuring donor country staff have sufficient knowledge and expertise about SAIs;
- Ensuring donor funding cycles match SAI requirements.
Discover more in the full report here.