Roughly 90 delegates from Supreme Audit Institutions (SAIs)worldwide came together in Moscow, Russia, November 15-16, 2018, for the International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI) 71st Governing Board meeting. Numerous decisions and approvals were made under the chairmanship of Dr. Harib Al Amimi, including:
Click here to fully explore the INTOSAI PAR.
The first-ever INTOSAI PAR was officially approved at the 71st Governing Board meeting in Moscow, Russia. The publication, spearheaded by the Policy, Finance and Administration Committee, includes annual progress among all committees and regions, key issues and opportunities for improvement.
- Creating a Memorandum of Understanding between INTOSAI and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime to foster SAI participation in the “State Parties on the UN Convention of Fighting Corruption” conference;
- Approving the Rules of Procedure for INTOSAI Congress (INCOSAI) XXIII in 2019;
- Approving the INCOSAI XXIII outcome document (Moscow Declaration) format;
- Approving INTOSAI Handbooks for Congresses and Governing Board meetings;
- Postponing the decision on SAI Kosovo’s application for full INTOSAI membership until the 72nd GB Meeting in 2019;
- Approving the revised Financial Regulations and Rules for INTOSAI;
- Approving financial resources necessary to relaunch the INTOSAI website;
- Approving a proof-of-concept exercise for a Forum for INTOSAI Professional Pronouncements (FIPP) Technical Support Function (TSF) and adopting the necessary measures. During the first phase, the TSF will work virtually, and a job profile for the collaborators criteria for the TSF host will be elaborated;
- Creating a section for the work of SAIs with jurisdictional responsibilities in the INTOSAI competency framework for public sector audit professionals;
Encouraging SAIs to undergo, and actively engage in, SAI Performance Measurement Framework assessments;
- Transitioning Workstream for Guides and Occasional Papers leadership from SAI United Kingdom to SAI Kenya;
- Supporting the draft guide on “Developing Pathways for the Professional Development of Auditors in a SAI,” aimed at utilizing the INTOSAI competency framework to develop public sector audit professionals in the most context-appropriate way, including the recently completed global research results;
- Approving the first INTOSAI Performance and Accountability Report;
- Recognizing the current development status of the FIPP’s Strategic Development Plan 2020-2025;
- Creating an interim Task Force on the Impact of Science and Technology on Auditing;
- Supporting the INTOSAI Development Initiative’s Strategic Plan 2019-2023 for adoption by INCOSAI XXIII;
- Elaborating on a manual to ensure consistency in content, branding and a clear purpose for all INTOSAI websites;
- Updating INTOSAI’s communication strategy in light of technological developments, including stakeholder definitions;
- Following up on the dialogue with the United Nations (UN) and other stakeholders on the SAI independence; and
- Elaborating on road maps for the INCOSAI XXIII, UN/INTOSAI Symposium 2020, and High Level Political Forum (HLPF) to promote advocacy and more clarity on Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) programs within INTOSAI’ strategic vision framework regarding the SDGs.
Leave a Reply