International Journal of Government Auditing – July 2012
Special Issue on Environmental Auditing
This special issue of the Journalis dedicated to environmental auditing. It highlights the work being done in this area across INTOSAI, primarily through the efforts of the Working Group on Environmental Auditing (WGEA) and regional WGEAs. In addition to the interview with the Chair of the WGEA, it includes the following articles:
- An overview of the history and development of the WGEA by Steve Elstein of the SAI of the United States
- A report on the development of the new global training center on environmental auditing by Nameeta Prasad of the SAI of India
- An article on the use of geospatial technology in environmental audits by Ali Masykur Musa of the SAI of Indonesia
- Information on WGEA guidance materials on environmental auditing
- A panel discussion on current and future challenges in the field of environmental auditing
- Reports on the various ways in which regional working groups are carrying out environmental audits
The Journal wishes to acknowledge the valuable assistance of the WGEA, and especially the SAI of Estonia, in preparing this issue.
Tõnis Saar of Estonia serves as the Secretary General of the WGEA Secretariat
Note: One of the Journal’s regular columns, Spotlight on ISSAIs, does not appear in this special issue. It will return in the October 2012 issue.